Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 2

Activity 1:
After traveling everywhere in Auckland I have been instructed to read articles about Rangitoto Island, Karekare beach and the Kauri tree (Tane Mahuta).
Out off all three of them. I have chosen the best one I have enjoyed exploring which is Tane Mahuta. Why? It is a well known tree and also the most living tree in New Zealand. He is the son of Ranginui (sky father) and Papatuanuku (earth mother). He has separated both of his parents from living in the darkness, once he pushed them apart he laid to rest turning himself into a Kauri. All the other plants and that is all his children surrounding him.
Image result for tane mahuta

Activity 2:
Here I am imagining that I am interviewing Laura on her fabulous adventures she had.
Here is 5 questions I’ve asked her.

Who taught you how to sail around the world?
Has your parents sailed before?
Are you the only child who is sailing around the world out of your family?
How does it feel like being the youngest sailor in the world?
Any advice for kids who want to solo sail like you?

Bonus Activity:
After interviewing Laura Dekker on some questions. I have been instructed to interview one of my family members of what they like to do in outdoors.

Interview to my sister:
  • Jump on the trampoline
  • Play with my cousins outside
  • Going to the swimming pools
  • Walks in the Panmure basin
  • Playing with her friends outside at the basketball court

This is what my sister likes to do when she is outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Loseli,

    I really enjoyed reading through your responses for all three activities on Day #2. You post such lovely, thoughtful responses that are really nicely written and very interesting. Nice work!

    Of the three posts, I was particularly taken by the questions that you would ask Laura Dekker. I, too, would love to know if her parents had sailed before, if she had any advice for young sailors and how she felt about the whole experience. I have to imagine that it would have been quite overwhelming at times...

    How do you think that you would have felt if you were piloting a sailboat all the way around the world by yourself? I think that I would have found the whole experience quite lonely as I really enjoy being around people. Laura would have had long stretches of time when she had no one to talk to but herself. I really admire her determination and her strength to persevere through it and to achieve her goal.

    Speaking of goals, do you have specific goals for this year? Is there anything that you want to achieve before the end of Year 8? It's a pretty special year! I still remember how it felt to be a Year 8 student, one year away from heading to high school...

    I hope that you are able to accomplish all of your goals, Loseli. I know that you can do it!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loseli ,
    I really Enjoy your learning all about Pure New Zealand in the WLJ Progamme and and also you have some very good questions to ask Laura Dekker Keep up the hard work keep going :)

    Can't wait to see more of your WLJ post's Coming
    Well done Loseli on your work

    From Lillyana :)

    ReplyDelete