Day 2 – Learning the basics
Now that you have chosen your country, it is time to decide where, within your country, you would like to visit. Many tourists will choose to visit the capital city of a country. It is often quite large and full of interesting things to see and do.
Before you go overseas it will be important that you learn a bit about the capital city of your country. Hop online and find out about the capital city of your country. Use this information to complete the five sentences below:
- The name of the capital city is ____Berlin_______
- The population of the capital city is ____3.502 million____
- In January, the weather in the capital city is usually _______________________
- The capital city is located in the ______northeastern of Germany_______ (northern, southern, middle) part of the country.
- The languages most commonly spoken in the capital city are _________english__________
One of the most popular activities in Madrid, the capital city of Spain, is called ‘Bullfighting.’ It has been a part of Spanish culture for centuries. In bullfighting people called ‘toreros and ‘matadors’ fight with a live bull. The toreros do most of the fighting and, ultimately, capture the bull and tie it up. Once it has been caught, the matador joins the fight and kills the bull. Although most toreros and matadors are men, there are some women who also compete in the sport.
Not everyone supports bullfighting in Spain. In fact, about 30% of the population want it to be banned (stopped) completely. What do you think? On your blog tell us whether or not you think that bullfighting should be banned in Spain. Please provide, at least, two reasons to support your decision.
I think bullfighting should be forbidden because you never know when some kind of person will get hurt really badly and it's desperately dangerous.
In Spanish culture in bullfighting they play kill for fun. but you never know what the bull will do to you. The next minute you are broken apart.