Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2018

A Trip to remote Tokelau

As a student traveling back to my homeland. I am noticing the changes and that
my house and other houses is now on a stilts. Seeing all my family members
and relatives all happy and healthy,I can tell that they are really happy to see me. I am
really happy to finish my studies and getting my degrees and bachelor's. In the future
I was planning to come back to Tokelau to help my grandparents and my parents.


My trip back home was brilliant. It was like the first time seeing the nice, clear blue ocean
and seeing the seagulls just flying joyfully. The MV Mataliki was huge and I also met a lot of
new people there that I haven’t seen before in my life. As soon as I step foot on the island. I can
remember every memory I had the last time I came. My uncle picked my up from the wharf and
my grandparents were really excited to see me. The day after this I helped my parents cook our
food and make drinks for the feed. I haven’t had Tokelauan food for 10 years so I couldn't wait to
eat this yummy food. This is my diary entry of me going back to Tokelau.


Boat in vast ocean

1 comment: